On July 31, 2020, Island Lake RCMP received a report that Tammy Nattaway, a 16-year-old female, had been missing since July 14th.
Further investigation has determined that she was last seen by a family member on July 20, 2020, in Garden Hill First Nation – exactly a month ago today. Tammy has not been active on social media since her disappearance.
Tammy is 5’0″ in height, approximately 100 lbs, with short black hair and brown eyes.
Investigators with the Manitoba RCMP, the community members of Garden Hill First Nation, Wasagamack First Nation, St. Theresa Point First Nation along with family and friends are all very concerned for her safety.
Since the report was received, the Manitoba RCMP has undertaken a number of investigational steps to help locate Tammy. The local communities have also conducted searches. Specifically:
- Officers conducted numerous interviews, went to known residences and followed-up on every tip related to Tammy’s disappearance.
- As the area is only accessible by air, a thorough review of all passengers flying-out of the communities was completed.
- A house-to-house search was conducted in Wasagamack First Nation and Garden Hill First Nation by community members on August 4th. Surrounding brush and local waterways were also searched.
- The Manitoba RCMP Underwater Recovery Team was deployed to the community and conducted a search of areas of interest on August 14th.
- The Manitoba RCMP Search and Rescue Team was deployed to the area and assisted in the community search on August 15thand August 16th.
- Specialized underwater cameras have been purchased and sent to the Island Lake detachment to help search local waterways.
- Helicopters have been used to search the communities and surrounding brush, wooded areas and waterways on August 18thand Aug. 19th.
Despite all of the efforts by the Manitoba RCMP and local community members, there has been no sighting or new information received on the location of Tammy Nattaway since she was last seen on July 20, 2020.
Based on the information available, the Manitoba RCMP believe that Tammy is still within the collective area known as Island Lake – this area includes the three First Nation communities and the surrounding area.
Although unlikely, there is also the possibility that Tammy managed to travel by plane to Winnipeg.
Garden Hill First Nation is offering a $5,000 reward for any information that leads to finding Tammy Nattaway.
The Manitoba RCMP requires new information to move this investigation forward and is asking anyone who may have seen Tammy or has any information on her disappearance to immediately contact Island Lake RCMP at 204-456-2626 or call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477, or secure tip online at www.manitobacrimestoppers.com.